Sunday, April 23, 2006

When It Rains, It Pours

Sunday, 23 April 2006

And to think, I thought I had missed the torrential flooding and over 40 days of rain...I was wrong.

What a week it has been for me...

1. Mike and I had a big discussion last Sunday and although he called the said discussion "enlightening", he decided he wanted "space". I haven't spoken to him since.

2. I was fighting a sore throat and allergies all last weekend, went to the doctor on Monday, got allergy medication for my said "allergies" and discovered ear infection, but then a couple days later, it turned into a full blown sinus infection. Friday I went back to the doctor, and she put me on Amoxycillin. I'm still on the road to recovery with my now peeling nose (from blowing my nose so much) and the trash can that has now moved by my bedside.

3. On my way to get out of the house today at 3 pm, I discovered a nice clean truck (Thanks to Uncle Gary and "Wash Cars on Sundays" routine), but then I also discovered, as I found myself stuck in the middle of the intersection of Sierra and Mikahala (which, if you know my hill, is a quite precarious place to be sitting in the middle of a steep hilly road), that my truck would not move into gear...at all. My clutch may be worn out, dead, and in need of repair (which would explain the difficulty getting into gear last night as well, but with absolutely no movement today, I decided it was better to stay home.)...There goes my next month's paycheck.

4. And, no sooner did I return to the couch to continue my lazy existence and now ponder over car troubles and look up the bus schedule to see how I'm going to get to work and to my dad's from now on, did I discover a frantic phone call from my stepmom. Bernice was freaking out, stressed with my dad, needed to leave the house immediately, and needed my help to bathe him and put him to bed tonight. No problem...Now, if only I had a car.

A series of unfortunate events for sure.......And, do I have to start work again tomorrow!? Oh well......That's life I guess.

P.S. I know I haven't finished posting my Seattle pics and they're currently all out of order, but forgive me if I've had a bad week....

No comments: