Friday, February 23, 2007

The Darndest Things Kids Say



Friday, 23 February 2007

Monday was a holiday, and on Tuesday, back at school, one of my second grade girls came up to me and said the cutest things:

A: Did you get married this weekend?
Me: Yes.
A: Was it a wonderful weekend?
Me: Yes.
A: How did you feel?
Me: Lots of emotions.
A: What are emotions?
Me: All kinds of feelings, happy, sad...
A: Who did you marry? What is his name?
Me: Chris...Halsall.
A: Oh, that's a nice name.
(And my two other boys sitting at the table agreed that that was a nice name.)

Then yesterday, after we had another day off from school due to teacher meetings, A came straight to me and said the darndest thing:

A: The man you married, did you know him since you were little?
Me: Yes, I did.
A: Oh, well, that's good. Because you can't marry someone that you haven't known for a long time.

So cute! I wonder if she was thinking about it all weekend and all night long. She sure had a lot of questions to interrogate me with! That's why I love teaching kids. You never know what's going on in their little heads, and they always amaze you with what they say!

** Finally, my body has reached its limit and I've gotten sick. Woke up with a bad sore throat yesterday, and it continues to get worse and I've gotten congested. Gargled my warm water with honey-apple cider vinegar-cayenne pepper concoction this morning. Worked today anyway since we're testing the kids and the weekend is here. Too bad for Chris as its his 35th birthday today, and I'm so not feeling like a night out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya,
Take care of your throat ~ you know, tea and lemon and all the stuff moms say to do....oh, and gargle with warm salt water, too.
Reading about your teaching experiences makes me miss the direct work with kids in the schools and parks. Sigh....that was really fun. Kids are great to be around, especially in a learning/interactive environment. Get well soon! Roz