Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Could You Say Stress?!?



Tuesday, 6 February 2007

Just got an email from ALS support group, and another friend named Ken passed away this afternoon. He had ALS about the same length as my dad has and was in a similar condition to my dad. Makes my dad worried that all these people around him are passing. At least he's got wedding things and such to occupy his mind. I think that's part of what keeps him going these days.

These days, Jay and Uncle Gary help me lift and transfer Dad into the shower chair so I can bathe him. We use the bi-pap during the shower process now, and that seems to help. The neck/head brace also helps keep his head steady. Although it can build up more anxiety in me, I like to share the details with my dad. (and likewise, he likes to make sure that I've got my bases covered.)

Still need to finalize some details for the wedding, getting a hotel room, hair and makeup on location, and picture taking before the ceremony. Just had my second alterations fitting today for my wedding dress. She had to bring the hem out a little and cut the length a little. It was crazy to see her take a pair of scissors and just cut away the hem of the layers of the dress! Yikes! That material was probably $20 worth!

Well, that's about it....oh, and my mechanic from the service station called. They've been struggling with my truck since Friday. Of course no other Toyota has given them problems before mine. Turns out, the clutch pedal spring is worn down and eating away into the metal, which is affecting my gears from shifting properly. It will cost about $350 for parts and labor to replace it. Plus the other work they've already done on the car for the master cylinder replacement (which they replaced last year already.)...That brings me to about $500 total ......so far. Hopefully it will be done this afternoon.

At least Chris has two cars, so I've been using his other one to run my errands and get me around this week.

Can't wait until the wedding is over so that I can concentrate on relaxing, sleeping, and eating, and taking care of myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya,
Just Roz again ~ I read the part about your dad liking to be sure you cover the bases and thought, hey, he's a good person to bounce your plans off of. Who better than a former Rec. Director? Organizing and planning; identifying details that will make an event extra special ..... your dad has the experience, that's for sure.
Take a deep breath every so often as you go through all the busyness of wedding doings. It only happens once, but nothing can really go too wrong as long as you are marrying the right person and you have the people who love you around you.
:) Enjoy the roses!
Roz and Alan