Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Eat, But No Talk

Monday, 7 February 2005

Went to dinner tonight with five teachers at a barbeque place for 79 baht each. All you can eat. I love it! Prawns, meat, seafood, vegetables, and more prawns, and sticky rice with taro and sweet condensed milk for dessert. "Aroi!" ("Delicious!") At one point, they asked me why I was being so quiet. I said that because I couldn't follow the conversation, I would just eat. Think my Thai language is lagging, because most times I can follow conversations. I was so stuffed when I left! Our final bill came to about 100 baht each ($2.50), although they deliberated about it with the waiter as they thought we were overcharged for water. Still, can't beat that price! Think I'll bring my mom here when she comes to visit in April!

No comments: