Sunday, October 09, 2005

It Was THE Full Thing All Right

Saturday, 9 October 2005

It was a full day today, starting with yoga at 8 am, then meeting my friend Chris for brunch down the hill. Rushed off after that to Ward Warehouse to watch Auntie Stevi and cousin Lauren dance hula with their halau. It was so nice to see them dancing (wish I could!) and take some photos of them. Then, I drove off again to pick up Miya for lunch. We ended up at Cafe Laufer, another restaurant in my cute little town of Kaimuki. After gorging down lunch, we headed to Diamond Head Theatre, where I treated Miya to tickets for her birthday. We saw the matinee show of "The Full Monty", a New York adaptation of the story. It has been getting rave reviews here, and it was a treat indeed. It was strange to me to have an intermission ʻoutʻ in the outdoor lobby (the sidewalk area streetside). Not like the mainland, where the weather usually only permits you to have indoor lobbies and theaters. The last scene of the play was the full thing all right, with the actors taking off their cherry red g-strings, then removing their hats, and baring all. The lighting didnʻt allow you to see anything though. (= After the play, I took Miya back home. We met some friends later for a chick-flick, "In Her Shoes." Then, we met up with others and had a late night dinner at TGIFʻs. Gee, and to think I should be saving money since our gas here is so expensive.... about $3.34/gallon!!

No comments: