Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's Raining, It's Pouring.....Mosquitoes!!

Tuesday, 18 October 2005

Although the song usually goes, "It's raining. It's pouring. The old man is snoring." It really should be "It's raining. It's pouring. The old man is getting eaten alive by those damn mosquitoes!" Or perhaps that's just my thinking.

Just when I thought my body had finally acclimated to Hawai'i living and escaped the hour by hour torture of a mosquito bitten body while living in Thailand, it starts raining more and more here. Our "winter" in Hawai'i calls for more rain rather than a drop in temperature...and when there's more rain, there are more mosquitoes out.

So, as my brother was cleaning out his closet tonight, purging my dad's old papers and conjuring up old memories as he asked me things like why our parents got divorced, I was sitting on the couch, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. In fact, I think it was just one greedy little sucker that managed to bite me about ten times on each side of my neck and my legs, as I eventually smashed the bloody (my own blood) sucker but had the huge (and still itchy a day later) welts to prove it. The house still feels a little dank as it has rained more throughout the day and tends to rain throughout the night these days.

Gee, I really hope I don't have to turn back to my daily Thai regimen of covering my entire body in citronella bug spray morning, noon, and night. But, just where is that racket zinger of mine?! I may need it by my pillow tonight.

No comments: