Friday, March 24, 2006

The Day Before The Wedding

Friday, 24 March 2006

After waking up early at Nate’s apartment, Marissa’s sister Bethany dropped me off at the rental car place so I could get some wheels (But first she got pulled over and got a ticket for blocking the intersection….craziness at 8 am!). I had a busy next two days ahead of me. After the morning fiasco, I drove to my hairstylist in Renton to get my hair done. Cut and highlights. The usual. They’re the only ones I trust, so whenever I’m in Seattle, I have to see Tori and Jayme.

Went to the Redmond Methodist church to help decorate the church with family. Then, Nate and I headed to the reception site in Issaquah, which required a long, but scenic drive around Lake Sammamish. We met up with others to decorate Pickering Barn – Coordinating with the previous party was frustrating, but the tule and lights got done in time. Our wedding rehearsal was at 4 pm, so I left at 2 pm to find a place to get a quick manicure and pedicure. Lo and behold, my French mani and pedi took a little too long, and although I was just around the corner from the church, I was late to the rehearsal, with guests and family there and the “mock wedding” already in progress. Oh well, at least I slipped right in with pretty nails.

We finished off the long day with Rehearsal Dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Both sets of parents gave nice, sentimental toasts, as well as one of Nate’s sisters. It was a nice dinner full of many friends and family close to the bride and groom. Marissa’s mom gave us little bridesmaids’ gifts and jewelry to wear on the special day…pretty pearl earrings and necklaces.
Mike phoned to say his flight from San Francisco was delayed, several times. He finally arrived at around 1 am.

No comments: