Thursday, March 23, 2006

Marissa's Classy Bachelorette Party

Thursday, 23 March 2006

I walked to about ten blocks to yoga in the morning. I wasn’t sure what time class was, so I went at 8:45 am, but class wasn’t until 9:30 am. I got to chat with the owners, Neil and Amber, who were happy to see me. I told them Marissa was getting married this weekend (Marissa got me started at this studio, and we went to yoga together.) It was neat to visit my old yoga studio, nice and familiar. After my workout, I hurried back to my cousin’s house to shower and get ready. Marissa came to pick me up, and we headed to her grandparents’ in Bellevue.

We waited for the florist and other relatives and friends to arrive. We spent the day assembling things, flowers, boutineers, programs, adding tags to the favors, and quickly trying to get EVERYTHING done.

Marissa and I left at around 5 pm and went to her house to get ready. We then headed to Nate’s condo commons room where Tara and Barbara and friends were waiting with martinis in hand, appetizers overflowing, Frank Sinatra music playing, and pink and black décor. Marissa was instructed to wear pink, and the rest of the guests wore black.
We had a blast in a very classy, martini party, and then headed out to Belltown for some dancing and a photo scavenger hunt of tasks that Marissa had to complete before the evening’s end.

No comments: