Sunday, August 29, 2004

Christy Arrives

Friday, 27 August 2004

Christy arrived last night, but we went to pick her up in Bangkok this afternoon. Of course, we left Thai time, about a half hour before we were to pick her up, we were still in Nakhon Pathom and decided to stop to have lunch in Nakhon Cheisi because Pi Charn was hungry. I finally asked what the brown gelatin-like cubes were in the pork soup, and I was told it was pig blood. They really do use all of the pig here in Nakhon Pathom.

After driving through traffic in the city of Bangkok, we found her friend's place, got her luggage, and off we went back to Nakhon Pathom. We got back in time to visit the few students still at school, and for her to see the classroom, then Ku Ai and Pi Pau took us out to dinner. I should have known that when Pi Pau was leading us, she would take us again to the fancy German restaurant in Pratthamonthon. Christy laughed at the same English music and German garb that I laughed at when I first came here. Plus, to make matters worse, there was a very inappropriately dressed farang (foreigner - but more specifically, white person) in a sexy backless shirt, which everyone commented on. How disrespectful! Christy let me know that she hasn't eaten much seafood in the past, and I informed her that she better get used to it living here in Thailand!

When we got home, Tik and Au were coming over for a sleepover with Jill. We watched the movie "Sixth Sense" in Thai. It was fun watching a movie in Thai, although it helped that I already knew what the movie was about.




No comments: