Thursday, August 26, 2004

Definitely gaining a few pounds...

Thursday, 26 August 2004

When the skirt, that I had altered for me by a teacher at school, is still tight, I know that I'm gaining a few by eating so much. Let's see, there is occasionally a little treat for breakfast (a sandwich, breakfast roll thing with probably pork inside) with a cup of warm ovaltine. Plus, Jun's mother, who works at a bakery, usually gives us brownies, or muffins each day. Then, for lunch, we have four different Thai dishes (and they're different each day!), which includes usually a soup, noodle dish, curry, meat dish, vegetables, and rice. Sometimes, the cook even makes dessert (and if you've ever had a Thai dessert before, boy do they like things sweet!). Today, I had this bread (and Cathy Thompson, if you're reading this, yes I thought of your distaste for wet bread, and frankly, I couldn't eat very much of it!) ripped up with crushed ice and gelatin, and a fuschia syrup and condensed milk poured on top of it. Then, for dinner, someone from school took us out again (This time, we ate in the middle of a roadway grass strip, with traffic on one side, and a train passing by every half hour on the other side.), and we had fish, tom yum soup, a seaweed pork soup (which was delicious!), fried egg omelette, vegetables, etc. "Im" I say, "Im!" ("I'm full!")

At least I may not need too many clothes here. They just announced today that we must wear our blue collared shirts (that we wore to the Queen's birthday celebration) with black pants every Friday for the rest of the school year. That means, Monday is usually white blouse/red skirt day (which I haven't been wearing because I don't have a bright red skirt yet), Tuesday I teach PE, so I can wear casual wear with athletic pants and tennis shoes, Wednesday is free dress day (which means long sleeved pressed collared blouse and long skirt), and Thursday is Boyscouts day (in which all the teachers wear a Brownies/Girl Scouts-like uniform, which I don't own either and am not expected to wear). Makes life easier not having to decide which outfit I'm going to sweat through each day.

No comments: