Monday, December 18, 2006

The Holiday Rush

Monday, 18 December 2006

With Christmas fast approaching, the past few weeks have been a busy one for all I am sure. Thus, the blogging has not been as frequent for myself. We are anticipating many changes in 2007, so we are all mentally preparing ourselves.

Next week, all of the family, including my two stepsisters, will meet with Hospice Hawai'i, the organization my father has decided to go with. He has been having difficulty eating and swallowing lately. He eats mostly soups now. When we blend up foods, sometimes that is still too thick, as he chokes easily, nearly after every bite. We recently got a suction machine to help suction mucous, although we have yet to try it. My dad is pretty much dependent on the bi-pap at night when he sleeps and during the day when he feels like he needs extra air, mainly before guests come (so he can talk), and before taking a shower.

Today he was talking about wanting funeral arrangements at Kamehameha Schools Chapel. But, of course, he wanted to find out if we can serve food there after. Food is very important after all!

There have been nights where Chris and I have stayed with Dad to give Bernice respite or so that she can take my stepsisters Christmas shopping. Chris has been a great support to me, and it's been fun to spend time with him and his parents on the weekends.

School gets out this Wednesday. Parents were already stopping by to give us Christmas gifts this morning. My cousin Steph and her husband and baby Jake will be coming this week for vacation. We'll be putting together a family dinner on Saturday. Although I'll have to work on report cards a bit during vacation, it will be nice to relax, visit with friends and family, and sleep, sleep, sleep (as I've been doing a lot of that lately)!

No comments: