Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Relaxing Weekend

Friday, 1 December 2006

We had a teacher work day on Friday, which was pretty uneventful. I shared some NUA strategies with the teachers as we had a Slingerland workshop on handwriting. Not sure why we had it so late in the school year, but oh well. Brought lunch to Dad's and then went out to dinner with Chris. It turned out to be a wet, rainy, windy day, so we opted not to go to the First Friday art walk downtown, which would require walking outside from gallery to gallery. Instead, we had a nice Italian meal at Paesano's in Manoa. The owner asked me where I got my bag, and when I told him Thailand, he said he thought so as it looked like the arts of his people. We talked about how I lived in Thailand. He was nice to chat with (I had no idea there were Thais that own Italian restaurants!) and even let us borrow an umbrella to get to our car.

Saturday, 2 December 2006

Went to 7 am yoga and had a great workout. Felt good to work out in the heat when it was so rainy and cold outside. Went to tutor Angela, and afterwards, she and her mom brought me to the Plumeria restaurant at the Kahala Hotel. We sat at an outdoor table facing the ocean. It was very nice. Too bad the weather wasn't nicer. We walked over to look at the dolphins and left when it started raining again. They gave me a nice journal and picture she took of me and Angela.

Went to nap at home before getting ready to pick up Thai food at Phuket Thai. Brought over noodles, soups, and assorted vegetables to Dad's house. We watched the end of the UH volleyball game, then watched the UH football game on ESPN. Although UH lost, we enjoyed eating good food, having coffee ice cream cake that Jay and Shelley brought over, and just hanging out. Although watching football is not a favorite pasttime of mine, it was an enjoyable birthday dinner being with family.

Sunday, 3 December 2006

After another great 7 am yoga workout, Chris and I hung out at home until we figured out what to do with the day. Finally, we decided to go to Waikele Outlet Mall to do some Christmas shopping. We were successful and bought some gifts, ate Genki sushi, and then drove back into town. I was exhausted! After an hour nap, I left to go grocery shopping and ate a late dinner before hitting the sack.

Although I didn't do any crazy celebrating with friends this weekend for my birthday, I was fine with that. After all, it's just another birthday, and I had a delightful time just celebrating with the ones that I love.

No comments: