Tuesday, March 06, 2007

News Alert

Last week, as I was teaching my second graders, I must have been rubbing my belly from indigestion.

My inquisitive student "A" asked me: "Do you have a baby in there or something?"

Me: "Why yes I do."

A: "Oh, well it's a good thing that you got married huh!"

Gee, kids can be so blunt! But, yes it's true, and kids often can tell those kinds of things. Nothing is secret or can be kept secret with them, that's for sure!

Weird thing is, the night of my wedding, my friend Linh had gone to her aunt's house for dinner. Her aunt is a famous local psychic here in Hawai'i. Aunty Lanh told her that she went to a friend's wedding this morning....a friend that is pregnant with a baby boy. Strange thing is, my friend Linh never even knew that I was pregnant and had to call my friend Miya to confirm that fact. Plus, I have never even met Aunty Lanh before, but have heard a lot of stories about how accurate she is from friends and family alike. She also said that my father is very sick, has "water in the lungs", but may wait and hold on to see the baby. Really amazing. So.....I waited until my ultrasound appointment this past Friday to find out the big news.

Well, I am due August 2nd, and the big ultrasound last week revealed that it is a baby boy we're expecting. And, the first thing Chris said (well, after a cheerful "Woo hoo!") was, "Wow....she was right!"

I have to take it easy this week because I the ultrasound also showed that I may be prone to pre-term labor. So, no exercising..........Geez. Just when I was getting back into Bikram yoga again!

Well, now I have no excuse for not cleaning and organizing the house!

And organizing photos as well. If you haven't checked out our wedding photos, you can view them at www.tanyaandchris.shutterfly.com for a chronological album compilation of wedding events.

Enjoy! (and yes, now you know why there haven't been as frequent a post on the blog as usual...I've been a little (tired and) busy!)

No comments: