Thursday, July 05, 2007

And The Adventure Begins....


Thursday, 5 July 2007

After a restless night of diaper changing, outfit changing (from leakage of the diapers), nursing, and pumping, I was exhausted by the time we made Chase's first visit to the pediatrician's this morning. The doctor's visit went well. Dr. Sia commented that Chase has a good temperment, has gained 1 ounce since being discharged yesterday, and his jaundice is clinically stable. He talked to me about feeding on demand rather than feeling like I need to feed him on the "every 3 hour schedule" like they did in the hospital. We talked about things like body temperature and such and then a clinician collected a blood sample from his foot to check his jaundice levels. It took awhile as he was cold and so it took awhile to get a sample out. She had to poke him twice. But he wasn't too fussy. He was more fussy I think from just being cold. I'll come back at the end of the month to get another checkup and they'll give me a baby book to keep all of his records in file.

My mom and I went took Chase grocery shopping, by which time I was famished and engorged. After we got home in the early afternoon, I ate, nursed, pumped, and then passed out for a couple of hours when Chase napped.

Thank goodness Mom cooked dinner, did laundry, and vacuumed the house today. We may have some visitors this evening, and then the routine starts all over again. It's nice to have Chase home and to see all of his smiles (which I know is probably just gas).

No comments: