Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What Day Is It? Or Is It Night?




Tuesday, 17 July 2007

Okay, I had to look at a calendar to figure out what day it is today. Chase finally went down for a nap. I know for sure because his grunting and twitching have subsided, and he has assumed position by laying on his left side. And, after only about 2 hours of sleep last night, I'm about ready to assume my sleeping position (and thank goodness I can now sleep on my back after all these months!). I used to think I was such a night owl, but now I take that back. I wish I could ACTUALLY sleep at night.

I think the kid has gotten his days and nights mixed up. The last couple of nights have been pretty restless ones for us. Thank goodness Auntie Steve/Uncle Gary/Lauren brought lunch for me yesterday and Chris' parents had us over for dinner last night. I have had absolutely no time or energy to cook! My first meal today was a bowl of cereal at 11 am, and I'll be lucky if I have time to eat something for lunch. Or was THAT lunch?! Nowadays, I count the hours before Chris comes home from work so that I can take a shower (this humidity and heat of summer makes the house an oven!) and he can take over cooking and feeding so that I can sleep (too bad he doesn't have the boobs!).

Speaking of which, the pumping has definitely laxed, as I just have no energy to pump as often as I was before. Hopefully that doesn't affect my milk production, as they say you produce more when you pump immediately after feeding. But I just can't do it in the middle of the night when I'm looking at the clock, knowing that I might MAYBE get an hour of sleep in between feedings. Besides, I think I've been overfeeding Chase, as he's been spitting up a lot after each feeding, and we need to change his sheets and clothes each time. I'm all about him getting big and fat and healthy, but when you see milk come out of his nose and mouth, it's a bit disconcerting.

So, is it day or is it night?! I'm not sure anymore. Yesterday, Chase and I passed out (as he was lying on me) for about three hours in the afternoon. These days, if I'm not standing over his bassinet making sure he is still breathing while he IS asleep, I'm staring at his big blue eyes asking him WHY he isn't asleep.

Who needs to change out of the pj's? Back to bed I go...

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hey, I think Chase's cheeks look chubbier. I do believe he is gaining weight. Thanks for the pictures!