Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's Official!...




Tuesday, 3 July 2007

I turned in the name papers today at the hospital (after consulting my family friends and friends knowledgeable about Hawaiian language).....

Chase Kamaalohaonanalu Mau Halsall

is his entire name. His Hawaiian name means "The cherished child of the waves/ocean or "The cherished child of reflection", and is meant to capture the essence of my father, who not only loved to fish, kayak, and be outdoors, but carried a laid-back attitude towards life and lived by 'going with the flow', just like the waves of the ocean. We just gave consent for him to be circumsized this afternoon, my mom and I are doing mass cleaning after I nursed him around lunch. The refrigerator at the hospital is overflowing with my milk. They may have to freeze some as I have so much. I'll focus on cleaning tonight, and hopefully we'll take him home tomorrow. They are moving him from the incubator to an open bassinet, which shows that he was able to regulate his temperature better today.

Soon, the adventure begins...

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Thank goodness we don't put their entire name on their kindergarten name tags! Beautiful name choice, well thought out and full of meaning.