Friday, August 10, 2007

Little Squirt

Friday, 10 August 2007

Brought Chase to school this morning so that I could help organize stuff in the classroom (it's still a mess and not how I would like it after the big move) and help orient Christina (my long-term sub) in person (rather than by cell phone, which we've been doing). We were there for a few hours, and of course he was stuck to the boob most of the time). Finally left at 1 pm so that I could go eat some lunch for myself at home.

But left right after at 1:45 pm because I realized that I had misplaced my cell phone. Now, see, this is when living down 85 stairs is not the ideal thing. Because now, I had to nurse Chase until he was a little bit sleepy so that I could successfully strap him back into the infant car seat without him crying too much (he hates being messed with and strapped into that thing), then carry him, his diaper bag, my Nalgene bottle, and everything else I just brought down 85 stairs, right back up 85 stairs, just to see if my cell phone was upstairs.

Sure enough (thank goodness), my phone was tucked under his carseat base in the car. So...since I brought everything up all 85 stairs, I figured we might as well make an excursion out of our little journey and go somewhere. So, I brought him to another baby boutique for more sling shopping (Now, you have to understand that Chris gives me a hard time for sling shopping, because I've merely been window shopping online and in stores for weeks now, but haven't yet bought one!). The owner was really helpful in showing my slings and carriers. She suggested that I get a ring sling instead of a carrier right now because if I used a carrier, I'd have to use an infant insert so that he'd fit, and it's way too hot here for all that material. But, I still didn't buy one. I'm getting closer though...A little more research, and I'll be ready! Ha!

Chase got hungry and she offered that I nurse him in a dressing room, so I did, and then she gave me a teacher discount for a purchase I made. She was really helpful and I'll probably go there again to buy things.

Went to the post office to mail a baby swaddle blanket to Christina, then headed to the mall. And, of course, as soon as I get parked and inside, Chase is hungry again. So, I went up to the Macy's bathroom to change him and nurse. Everyone kept commenting that they heard a tiny baby (with his little cries that sound like a bird) and would come around the corner to ask me how old he is.

Chris met me at the mall after he got off of work. We ran into his parents eating Chinese food, so we joined them to get some dinner as well, and then they fed him a bottle while we ate. Walking back through the mall, we ran into Uncle Gary and Auntie Stevie, and then a few seconds later, ran into friend Suzette and her little baby Lili (who was born a week before Chase and is about 2 times his size...but she was past her due date and was a big baby at birth with a full head of hair!) I nursed Chase again at Barnes & Nobles, then after we headed home at 7:30 pm, nursed him again while I searched the internet for slings.

Chris and I changed and sponge bathed Chase. I told Chris to keep the little washcloth over his peepee, then all of a sudden I see this fountain spray that nearly got me right in the eye and hit the wall. I screamed and laughed simultaneously. It was quite funny, though I'm always giving Chris a hard time for not covering the peepee. Appropriately, we dressed in his little whale outfit that says "Little Squirt".

Despite his squirtings, Chase is still cute at 6 weeks. After I nurse him to sleep, I sing my favorite kindergarten book/song "Baby Beluga", and he smiles. It calms him down when he's fussy, and his smiles are very endearing.

No comments: