Friday, August 17, 2007

The New Look


Friday, 17 August 2007

Today was a state holiday, Admissions Day, so I was able to have Auntie Stevi watch Chase this afternoon so I could go get my haircut. She was amazed that he eats so much, and he was nearly awake the entire time. It felt so good to finally cut my hair in almost a year (the last time I had my hair cut was in October of last year in Seattle). I chopped it all off (and although Chris was leary about me losing my long locks, he likes the new do), and it's healthy again, and a fun new cut. I decided to go back, after Chris got off of work, so he could carry Chase around the mall (He tried the Baby Bjorn for the first time, but it was a bit of a chore getting the sleeping Chase in and out of the carrier, and he's so little that Chris said he got some strange stares from onlookers...perhaps wondering if there really was a baby in there). I got my eyebrows waxed (again probably the first time in a year), and the gal was a perfectionist, fixing my strays even as I was paying for my bill at the counter.

Now all I have to do is get my nails done and I'll be all styled up and ready to go. Go for what, I'm not sure. But, it feels good to have a new look, especially after being holed up in the house on bedrest for 7 weeks, and being home a lot more with Chase attached to me now. A new mommy always needs a new look.

No comments: