Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jay!

Sunday, 19 February 2006

Today is my brother Jason's 28th birthday (and, according to Eric who gave me the Seattle update about Leilani Lanes closing and the monorail deal being called off, it is also Kara and Chris' 1st wedding anniversary...So congrats to all!).

After a successful, but crowded, yoga session this morning (I was good about babying my left hamstring this time), I headed to Ala Moana for a less than successful shopping session (although I did manage to use my own birthday money from my brother to buy myself some IPOD car accessories), I decided on just a card and the promise of a gift coming soon.

I visited Jenn and her week-old baby boy Aidan. He was sleeping the whole time, as newborns do, so we just chatted and took pictures.

Then, I headed to Kailua to meet Mike's friends, but I couldn't stay for dinner as we had family plans, so I just introduced myself, chatted for about 20 minutes, and dropped off a salad and brownies for them to enjoy. We'll have to catch up again next time.

Both my brother and I were late for his dinner at Tanaka of Tokyo, the teppanyaki restaurant at the Ilikai Hotel. Once we found parking, got seated, and all enjoyed some food, we were all a happier bunch. It's always an entertaining way to eat. Plus it was fun getting to know my little stepsister's new boyfriend and hear about his sweet, romantic Valentine's gift to Lindsey. (He delivered red roses to her before she left for school Tuesday morning, and left her with a gift of a heart-shaped baking pan filled with frozen ice and something inside. A note on top said to wait until it melted to see what was inside. After she let it melt and retrieved what was inside, the note read, "Now that you've melted my heart, Will you be my valentine?"...Aw now, isn't that sweet?!) Sixteen year olds these days I tell ya! Some guys out there outta learn a thing or two from Phil.

Once again, Happy Birthday, Jay!

No comments: