Saturday, February 18, 2006

"Hi, My name is Tanya."

Saturday, 18 February 2006

The surf in Kailua has been so good lately, that Mike just had to go at 8:30 this morning. I skipped yoga and decided to go along, just to read my book at the beach. While he surfed out at Flat Island, a family set up their things in front of me. I thought they looked familiar, and figured they might be Mike's friends, and when I heard them call out each other's names, I knew it was them. I decided I should go introduce myself, even though I have never formally met them yet (tomorrow, we're supposed to have a dinner get-together). I went up to Rich and Jimmy and told them who I was, saying "Hi. I haven't met you yet, but my name is Tanya." When they asked how I knew it was them, I told them I recognized them from pictures Mike has around the house. It was nice to meet them, and finally Mike came out of the water and we all got to chat a bit.

Later in the afternoon, Mike helped me drive out to Kunia to pick up a red couch I wanted to buy from Craigslist (My brother and I are on that site daily looking for stuff!). We strapped it in his truck, and then my cousin Daryl helped him carry it down the 80 or so steps to our house. At least it wasn't that heavy (Well, I don't really know because I was just guiding the way!).

Went out to dinner with Dad, Jay, and Mike and Susan (visiting from Seattle) at Kim Chee 2. We caught up on Mike's kids, the surfing/shaping business, and Seattle weather.

Afterwards, we headed out to the airport to pick up Mike's good friend Wendy who came in from South Carolina for a NOAA conference. The three of us squished into his front seat, and drove back home to Kailua through the downpour of Windward O'ahu.

No comments: