Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tuesday, 14 February 2006

Because I spent all day in an ESLL district training today, I didn't get to see the festivities at school. I stopped in to drop off some stuff after the workshop this afternoon, and found out that for Valentine's Day, today was also Teacher Appreciation Day at our school. Classrooms were given teachers to "appreciate", and so I received some sweet surprises from two second grade classrooms. One class made a book of letters from the students thanking me for all that I do as an ESLL teacher, along with a $20 gift card to Long's. Another second grade class gave me a gift certificate to Barnes & Nobles, along with a pan of brownies and a nice class letter. How sweet!

I am not quite sure what I'm doing tonight. My brother's new "friend" came over last night to make chocolate covered strawberries and wrap them in these cute little boxes for all of her friends. Jay experimented with other things too and ended up with chocolate covered kakimochi (Japanese rice crackers) and bananas. Mike and I already celebrated our Valentine's Day over the weekend, but since I was giving him a hard time, we might just have a low-key dinner tonight. I still need to visit my friend Jenn in the hospital as she just gave birth to a baby boy, Aidan, on Sunday. And, tonight is also our second Tuesday of the month, when we have our ALS support group meetings. They plan to have a massage therapist there to do massages and celebrate with vegetarian treats (Since we've been having our meetings in the "Wellness Center" of the hospital the past few months, we are banned from bringing greasy, junk food that most local carnivores enjoy for potlucks.)

Hope you all have something nice planned...All I know is I waited in a long line with the rest of the men at See's Candies this afternoon to buy chocolates for my stepmom (from my dad). So, if you boys out there haven't bought a little something yet for your sweethearts, friends, or MOTHERS, you better hurry!

No comments: