Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I've Been Attacked!

Thursday, 16 February 2006

Okay, I've been attacked on more than one occasion by flying spit when I'm trying to help a student sound out words and letter sounds, and I'm a little too close to his/her face, but I've never been attacked by food before...This is a first.

Today, my dad asked me to floss his teeth, and so I started to floss (and note, that I'm fairly close to his mouth so I can see where I'm flossing), and BAM! A piece of meat flies in my face! I start laughing, but continue as a dutiful daughter should, this time making sure that my own mouth is closed and prepared for a spray.

I accidentally scratch my dad's lips with my nails, step on his toes, floss his gums too hard, and amongst the "sorry"'s and "oops!", I start laughing. And, then I start noticing the strange things in his mouth, from the crookedness of his teeth to the bumps on his gums, and I guess my dad didn't think too fondly of my comments due to my attention to detail. Finally, my dad says, "Okay, enough. Stop! Just get away already!"

I walk away laughing, and wash my hands and my face, glad that I'll never become (nor will my dad want me to be) a dental hygenist!

No comments: