Saturday, February 11, 2006

Yoga, Surfing and Eating (What Else is New?!)

Saturday, 11 February 2006

Last night when Mike and I went to yoga, I pushed myself too far again and reinjured my left hamstring. Looks like it wasn't fully healed yet. So, this morning I dragged Mike to yoga again to work it out. It was tender, so I couldn't do some poses on my left side, but it felt good to stretch it out. The rest of the day, I sat on a hot compress. I worked on scanning my dad's photos onto the computer. Since I can't be at his fundraiser in March (I'll be at Marissa and Nate's wedding in Seattle.) I'm putting together a slideshow of all of him and his sports memorabilia and family and friends.

After watching some of the Turino Winter Olympics, we headed to the beach. We drove through Waimanalo to Cockroach Bay, where Mike went surfing. While he surfed, I sat in the back of his truck reading a book, watching the surfers and the hanggliders on this blustery day. It's been windy and cold lately (I know, not as cold as Seattle, but cool enough for me to break out the socks and long sleeved shirt.)

Mike cooked dinner for me tonight for the upcoming Hallmark day (He surprised me with tulips yesterday), since he has to work Tuesday (although, wait a sec, I acted as sous chef and helped prep everything...). We had a delicious meal of Salt and Pepper Lemongrass Prawns, bok choy, watercress, and fried tofu. Plus, he made a coffee cake today (good thing he bakes, cuz I don't!), which we have nearly devoured already! We were going to have mango with sticky rice for dessert, but couldn't get the internet working to get a recipe for preparing the sticky rice, so we'll have to have that another time.

No comments: