Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy Birthday x 2

Wednesday, 29 November 2006

Breakfast delivery at school: Jamba Juice, bag of my favorite junk food snacks and a yoga magazine

Got home after spending the day with dad at 6 pm running down the stairs to get ready for my pickup at 6:30 pm, and when I got down the first set of 20 stairs, there was a brown paper bag on the step. I picked it up and yelled "Hey, who left their trash on the stairs?"

Then, I ran down another 20 stairs, only to stumble upon another bag. This time I noticed writing on it. I got down the next set few stairs and collected another bag.

When I got in the house and rushed in to get ready, I looked more carefully at the bags. The first one said "Happy", the next one said "Birth", and the last one said "Day"...Inside individually wrapped ziploc bags (in case it rained) were more gifts. That was definitely a sweet surprise!

The Halsalls picked me up at 6:30 pm and we headed off to our swanky dinner spot, and no it wasn't the frigid McDonald's they were talking about, but it was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We enjoyed our steak dinner and Chris' dad and I got bread pudding desserts with candles for dessert, which we shared of course!

Went back to their house to open gifts and get surprised with more desserts, but this time cake with magic sparkling candles...those sneaky buggers!

Stayed at their house opening gifts until after 11 pm. It was a fun evening indeed.

Guess I must change my blog description now, as I am 31 years old today. Or perhaps I'll just keep it at 30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Tanya!
Glad you managed to get out for a nice supper and also had good family time later during the weekend (Dec. 1 and 2 posts).
Cheers! Roz and Alan