Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Weekend Happenings

Thursday, 2 November 2006

Went to dinner on Thursday with Stacy, Kai, and Melissa, the 'ole college friends. Stacy is visiting from Seattle. We celebrated her birthday (Halloween baby) at Shokudo. Had fun sampling different Japanese dishes in this trendy restaurant and catching up on gossip and the latest on parents, as we all seem to be taking care of our parents these days. We all came to the conclusion that we have finally all found good men! It only took getting to our 30's!

Friday, 3 November 2006

Friday, Jay took Uncle Jimmy and Dad to a movie. On their way back, they stopped at Ala Moana Park. Dad ran into his homeless friend, Mike. He wants to help my dad, and Dad asked him if he would help caregive for him. My uncle says Mike has a lot of affection for my dad, like many people do. My dad always treated the homeless well and always helped them out, so it's nice to see them wanting to return the favor.

Went out to dinner at Town, the trendy restaurant/bar in Kaimuki (where Naveen Andrews of 'Lost' and Barbara Hershey have been spotted dining) with Chris and his bike friends Jeff and Sara. It was nice to meet his friends!

Saturday, 4 November 2006

Saturday, Chris went to yoga with me...Another Bikram yoga victim! He even woke up early and made it to the 7 am class! What a trooper! And I think he said he had fun...or perhaps he was delirious! Went to tutor my student Angela at her condo. I have agreed to tutor her every Saturday. Her mom fed me lunch, traditional Korean and Japanese food, and then we walked around the grounds to look at Kahala Beach, and she invited me swimming at their pool if I want and over for dinner to barbeque sometime. Later that night, Chris and I went to my friend Erica's new shop, Split Obsession, a cool trendy fashionable store that Hawai'i needs! We ate a so-so dinner at Kona Brewing Company.

Sunday, 5 November 2006

Today, at 9 am yoga, I tweaked my neck before class even began. It made class really difficult as I couldn't turn my neck very much. I was domestic and cleaned and did laundry. Went to Big City Diner with Chris and his parents for dinner tonight. We had a great conversation.

Monday, 6 November 2006

Had to work today, but uneventful, as we have tomorrow off for Election Day! Woo hoo!

Tuesday, 7 November 2006

It was a day off from school today for Election Day. Chris and I went to 9 am yoga, but my neck was still sore afterwards. We chatted with his mom and dad at home, and relaxed from yoga. Ate Bale Vietnamese for lunch, went to Waikiki Beach for a late afternoon swim, had some refreshing Waiola shaved ice, and headed home. He had to work at the bike shop. I went to dinner with my other friend Chris at our place, CPK, for our same meal and to catch up on the latest with family and friends. Went home to finish my sub plans for tomorrow, catch up on email, and watch the vote counts. No school tomorrow for me, as I have meetings to attend to with the principal....How nice it is to have a short work week!

No comments: