Sunday, November 19, 2006

Recording Memories

Sunday, 19 November 2006

During 7 am yoga, Alexis, the owner of the studio, started taking pictures of everyone in poses. She showed me the pics after, commenting on my bow pose and camel pose, and said that the pictures are for a Japanese tourist magazine. I've never seen myself doing poses in pictures before so it's cool to see what the poses look like.

Chris and I went to his house to eat breakfast, and soon after, my dad called to see if I could watch him today to give my stepmom a break. So, Chris dropped me off and I watched Dad. Helped him read the paper by flipping the pages for him, as I started dozing off in between "flips". Fed him, watched bull riding on TV and we finally taped one story.

For months now, we've been meaning to tape record his voice. Now that he's losing his voice, as a result of his respiratory problems, I thought we would not get to tape him. But, we tried today, and it worked out okay. He recited my favorite story book, Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.

My stepmom and stepsister came home in the afternoon from a day of shopping. Bernice had bought me a wallet as a thank you for coming on such short notice. She didn't have to, but it was a nice gesture.

Chris' parents took us out to dinner tonight at Big City Diner. We had some good laughs about the fact that the manager has been calling his mom by the wrong name for years. But, it's too late to correct him now. We talked about Thanksgiving Day dinner plans and birthday dinner plans (since Chris' father and I have the same birthday coming up next week.).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya ~ I'm so glad your Dad is able to recite for you to record him reading "Where the Wild Things Are." That will be special for you for ever. Glad you and your family and friends had a nice Thanksgiving, too!
Alohas,
Roz