Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Following With His Eyes

Tuesday, 23 October 2007

Yesterday, Chase was wonderful: ate well, playful and happy, slept when I was grocery shopping, slept when I prepped dinner, and then slept when I cooked, allowing me to get dinner ready and the dishes all washed and clean by the time Chris came home at 6 pm. Chris and I ate dinner early, relaxed, and then we played cards and went to bed early.

So, of course today was just the opposite! Chase was fussy all morning, didn't want me to put him down, and he really didn't like the bottle at all (I tried!). Plus, my brother and I got into it again about house stuff, I had no time to work on my school reports, and no time to cook dinner (good thing we had leftovers!). By evening, Chase was fine and in a happier mood. It's cute because he follows and tracks my new SIGG water bottle when I drink from it. I think he's attracted to the bright blue and brown geometric shapes. He follows it up and down as I drink.

Tonight, I sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and he tracked and followed my hands with his eyes as I did the motions and sang. It's fun to see Chase interacting more and more each day. Even when I talked on the phone tonight, he smiled and cooed and squealed in delight, thinking that I was talking to him.

Though we stayed home all day today, it was a productive afternoon. I got an estimate from a skylights company (actually a neighbor of the Halsalls) to add ventilating skylights to our home, then made calls and emails to my parents' friends about appraising the house, mortgages, and other important property stuff. There is still lots to figure out!

No comments: