Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wiped Out

Saturday, 20 October 2007

Missed 7 am yoga, but decided to go to 9 am yoga instead because my body really needed it after two weeks of missing yoga. Left Chase with sleeping Daddy and suffered through yoga. I did not bring enough water (using a new aluminum bottle that is not as big as my Nalgenes. Chris got me the new bottle after all the Nalgene plastic bottle issues.) and had to stop and couldn't hold a lot of the poses. But, at least I went and stretched. That felt good. Caught up with people I hadn't seen in awhile, including one regular who asked how my dad was. I told her that he passed away in April, and she could identify with what I was going through because she also moved here to take care of her dad and eventually lost him to a terminal illness.

Got home to find a weary Chris who said that Chase had cried and cried ever since I left. He tried to feed him from the bottle, but Chase didn't eat much. I woke Chase up so that I could feed him, and he seemed fine. He was happy and talking.

We're now wondering if Chase is starting to favor me more than the bottle (as I have been strictly breastfeeding for awhile now). We'll have to try giving him a daily bottle so that he gets used to it before I head back to work in January.

Chris went mountain biking with his friends, and Chase and I went to meet our other friend Christa for lunch. She treated us to CPK and was amazed at how different Chase looked since he was born. We caught up and, after lunch, she helped me find a place to sit so I could nurse. Chase and I hung out at the mall for a couple of hours after that, enjoying the air condition. We came home and hung out at Uncle Gary's. Auntie Stevi and cousin Lauren had fun visiting with Chase.

Chris and I cooked dinner tonight, and because I didn't take a nap after yoga today (which was probably a better idea otherwise I would have been useless all day long), I'm exhausted!

Perhaps I'll take my nap now before Chase wakes up from his!

No comments: