Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jack-O-Lantern Woes

Wednesday, 31 October 2007

Apparently, we were on the local TV news last night, but I didn't see it. People have been coming up to me and Chris this week saying they saw me and Chase on TV. I remember a camera in front of me at the Halloween costume contest, but I didn't realize it was for the news. So, even though Chase didn't win, he had his 15 seconds of fame!

Today, Chase and I went to meet Kelli, a gal I met on Craigslist in my quest to find a babysitter for Chase starting in January. She's a stay-at-home-mom from Massachusetts with a two year old and a three year old girl. She lives close to my house and used to be an Infant/Toddler teacher. We talked about ourselves and our kids, and then she wanted to hold Chase. She's really nice, but it may not work out as she just found out that her husband, who works as the Executive Kitchen Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, may be moved to the West Coast restaurant, which means they may be moving in a couple of months. We'll see what happens. In any case, she invited me to join and check out Honolulu Mommies, an online network of stay-at-home-moms. I joined, and it'll be fun to meet new friends, moms and their babies in the area. Kelli's hosting a get-together at her house next Friday.

It has been wet and gloomy and cold (yeah, I know all you mainlanders are laughing right now, but it HAS been cooler at night) all day today. And, since Chase doesn't know what Halloween or trick-or-treating is, we decided to stay in. The Halsalls had us over for our weekly dinner, and so I appropriately dressed Chase up in his orange Halloween festive garb. Of course that precipitated lots of picture taking. After dinner, Chris carved the pumpkin that Auntie Stevie got for us from her kindergarten class field trip to the pumpkin patch. He couldn't figure out how to carve a skull into the face of the pumpkin, so instead, his "masterpiece" can be described as "Pumpkin-Who-Got-Hit-In-The-Head-With-A-Baseball-Bat".

How lovely for Chase's first Halloween.

No comments: