Friday, November 26, 2004

Family Photos

Friday, 26 November 2004

We all met at Expressions in Ala Moana today to take family pictures (my dad, my stepmom Bernice, my brother Jay, and stepsisters Whitney and Lindsey. The first half hour they did the makeup and hair for the girls. When I was in high school, many friends of mine took pictures like these, and I also envied them. So, today we spent three hours, getting all prettied up, putting on our Hawaiian clothes (which they provide) and flowers and then posing for pictures. We took separate family pictures (me, my dad, and my brother, Bernice with the girls, and then of the whole blended family. We took so many poses, stand here, stand there, tilt your head this way and that, my dad got scolded for chewing gum, stand on this block, get closer to your sister, and SMILE! The funniest part was when they rolled out this huge block and told Jay to lie down on it face down, then we had to sit around him, lean on him, and Lindsey had to sit on him to get the full effect and look of the group picture. Then we spent time viewing the various pictures and deciding which ones to order. They had a special birthday offer if your month was in November, so we took advantage of that and got different poses and group pictures with a free 8 x 10, then we picked up the finished touched up prints tonight. I'm still all made up, and may go out on the town with cousin Steph and her fiance Michael, along with friends who are in town for the wedding on Sunday.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sounds like an elaborte photo session. I'll bet you looked beautiful. Fa,ilies get together all together infrequently, it is good you made the most of it.
Teresa

Anna Rae said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you are having a great time in Hawaii, and a great birthday! You are lucky to be able to go home to celebrate yours.