Tuesday, November 30, 2004

My Birthday

Monday, 29 November 2004

After a long night of visiting with friends and having a wee bit too much to drink, I got sick and ended up sleeping until 1 pm today. My cousin Steph and her new hubby Michael took me shopping at Nordstrom's Rack for my birthday. I got a new skirt, bathing suit, and a flower ring. Then, my mom took me out to dinner so I could get my free meal at Todai, the all-you-can-eat Japanese buffet. It was great, then went to spend time with my dad before my brother picked me back up to drop me off at my mom's hotel to spend the night.

Spent time having heart-to-heart talks with my dad and then my mom. It was a very emotional trip, and even shorter this time, so it's hard to leave my family in Hawai'i. But, I am glad I came back home and was able to spend quality time with my family. In Hawai'i, 'ohana (family) is so important, and over the course of the past few months, I've come to realize just how important they are. Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes things don't turn out the way you plan or envision them, but your heart will always guide you through.

No comments: