Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving

Thursday, 25 November 2004

Slept in until 1 pm today (I'm still a bit jet-lagged, and going out to have a couple drinks at the Mai Tai Bar and Oceans with Jay and my cousin Ryan till 3 am didn't help). Dad and Bernice picked me up after 2 pm and we headed to her sister's in Kailua for Thanksgiving dinner, lots of deep fried turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry, ham, an assortment of desserts, including pumpkin cheesecake and my dad's pumpkin mochi (a little overcooked, but still yummy!). We played poker a bit, then Jay and I headed over to my parents' friend's house to see my mom and Gary who just arrived this afternoon from California. We hung out, ate a second dinner, and chatted with old family friends about Thailand and education.

Mom gave me the box of books that my Auntie Shelley collected and sent over for me to bring back to the classroom in Thailand, and they are perfect! Lots of multiples and books on tape, in perfect condition, and just what we need! Thank you thank you to the kindergarten teacher at my cousins' school who donated all these books to me! I'm so excited to bring them back. It's so great to have such wonderful friends and generous friends and family!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

We played dominoes after our Thanksgiving dinner. I won!
How did you do at poker?
Teresa

Tanya Mau-Halsall said...

I actually won the first hand, and then I let my brother take over, as I was too chicken to see all my money go!