Sunday, November 28, 2004

Steph's Wedding

Sunday, 28 November 2004

Uncle Gary took me down to the Kahala Mandarin Hotel at 3:45 am this morning so I could be there in time for our 4 am schedule to get our hair and makeup done! Yikes! Yes, it was VERY early! After all three bridesmaids and the bride, my cousin Steph, got all dressed up, my aunt arrived at 7 am with breakfast, but we couldn't eat, as we were about to take pictures! We spent the next couple hours taking pictures with the photographer, getting ready pics, bridal party, family pics, etc. Then, the ceremony started at 10:30 am, out at the Koko Head gazebo, on the lawn beside the beach on a beautiful sunny, but not too hot morning.

As I walked down the aisle, I got tears in my eyes, and as I stood up there looking for my father and my brother, I got overwhelmed with emotion. It was a nice ceremony, and a fun reception. I did an impromptu speech of how Steph and Michael met at the Elektra, since I was pretty much the reason they met in the first place in Seattle. Then, at 3 pm, I got to go home and sleep!

It was nice to be surrounded by family, and to help my cousin celebrate her special day, but my heart was also sad as I stood up there during the ceremony, in front of the gazebo, and from afar I noticed my dad in the distance unable to join us. As daddy's little girl, I hope that my father will be able to walk me down the aisle one day.

No comments: