Saturday, September 17, 2005

Huskies Beat Hawai'i

Saturday, 17 September 2005

In the second night in a row, the Huskies beat Hawai'i, three games at the Stan Sheriff Center. Wahine (The Hawaiian word for "Women's") Volleyball has always been a popular spectator sport here. But the University of Washington, who ranks #2, proved to be better than UH's young team. Wearing my purple shirt, I was one of three Seattleites in our area cheering for UW among the devout UH fans.

Sometime while watching the game, I cracked my back, and that turned out to be a bad move, because it hurt like hell afterwards. For some reason I thought that my yoga this morning had healed all of my back tension, but it appears that my back is still tweaked as the shooting pain on my left side lasted throughout the rest of the evening. So, it turned out to be an evening in again with my two advil and a movie. The New Jersey girls were going out to celebrate Sarah's (another UW graduate - but from Wisconsin) birthday. Had to pass, as my back wasn't gonna let me groove anywhere.

It was a full day anyway, after spending the day with Miya, enjoying lunch, working a bit in the air-conditioned mall, and catching a chick flick matinee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya ~ Hope your back gets better soon. (Maybe shiatsu along with the yoga might help?)
Wish the Wahine had played better, but playing the Huskies was a good lesson for them. The Huskies have a great team this year. Lots of returning players, we noticed.
Best regards ~ Rozy and Alan