Sunday, September 25, 2005

Moving Around

Sunday, 25 September 2005

Went to 8 am yoga again and had a really good workout. Went to Dad's afterwards as Bernie had to do things today. I did Dad's range of motion exercises. His shoulders are really tight, so he didn't want me to move them too far. But, I moved his arms, legs, toes, and fingers. Other ALS patients' family members and physical therapists have said that if there's anything we do, it should be the range of motion exercises daily. Much of the time, my dad's feet are swollen from lack of use, and because he sits all day, he doesn't stretch or use any of his limbs. Although it's not a cure, doing range of motion exercises will help long-term so that he is not so tight when we transfer him. He doesn't always like to do them, so I haven't been good about doing them with him. Next time, I'll have to jazz it up with some tunes or something.

No comments: