Saturday, February 23, 2008

February Update

Saturday, 23 February 2008

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but after being sick for a couple of weeks (I still don't have my normal voice back and sound like a teenage boy going through puberty when I try to hit that high note while singing in the shower, and both of my babysitters got sick last week as well.), busy at school with standardized testing, celebrating my dad and another volleyball player who passed at the annual University of Hawai'i men's volleyball alumni game, relatives and friends coming into town this past week, celebrating our wedding anniversary, as well as birthdays this week (my brother's was on Tuesday and Chris turns 28 today *wink*wink*), and having a carpenter fix what will soon be one hundred stairs going down to our house from our driveway, it's been rather hectic around the house.

We're getting ready for Chris' parents to take us out to brunch at the Halekulani Hotel in Waikiki for Chris' birthday. I have a nice white dress on. We'll see how long that lasts. Mr. Spit-Up Baby (who's grunting on the floor right now, which means you-know-what-else..must be Chase's birthday present for Chris - "Happy Birthday, Daddy!" - Is it a cake or a pie? Ha ha.) has had a habit of trying to add to my wardrobe as of late. Not sure why I still try to dress fashionably, but at least I got my eyebrows and lip waxed for the occasion. Might as well try and look like I'm not such a disheveled new mom.

I've got lots of fun pictures to post of our weekend at Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore, Chase with 'Iki the Opihi, and Chase's first experience in the ocean, sand, and pool. Chase continues to make us smile with his uproarious laughter. He is fast approaching the 8 month mark next week. I've also been busy trying to research venues for putting together his 1 year birthday lu'au, which is a big milestone party here in the islands (comparable to a wedding). I'm behind schedule I know. But if I can plan a wedding in 5 weeks, I have faith that I can plan a 1st birthday party for a couple hundred people in time before the end of June.



Chase is VERY vocal these days, often competing with Taiga when he has speech therapy, so much so that Miya has to take Chase in the other room because he's yelling so loud. He loves sitting up and playing with his toys. He often scoots himself on his butt to turn around. He uses his strong legs to get just about anywhere, ON HIS BACK, and although he's not crawling yet, he wants to walk already and loves standing and doing the standing splits on the chair (while bouncing up and down) when nursing. I've already bought a handpainted wooden toybox and two living room storage cubes off of Craigslist to help me ORGANIZE (my big thing lately, though it may not look like it from the mess in the house) and store stuff away from the curious child we have that wants to get into EVERYTHING! He's still a charmer and bats his blue eyes and that smile at every woman he sees. But, he's becoming such a BOY! We want to take formal studio pictures soon because after looking at photos from the past seven months, we're realizing that our baby Chase is growing up so fast and is not such a tiny baby anymore!

More soon, I promise...I won't let Craigslist and Facebook get in the way this weekend (but of course the Ho'olaule'a at Kamehameha is this weekend too)!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Wow! Your first anniversary! Where has the time gone? Congratulations! Can't wait to see the Turtle Bay photos.