Monday, February 04, 2008

Still no voice....

Monday, 4 February 2008

I got a sub for school today because I still have no voice, and I cannot administer tests to English Language learners when I have no voice. I had to bring Chase in to school this morning to get sub plans ready in my classroom. Went to the doctor and she put me on antibiotics. It's a little late in the game, but it will help me get rid of this thing for good, and it's okay for baby since I'm nursing.

Stewart, the Halsalls' handyman/carpenter, came by and gave us an estimate of redoing the stairs to our house. He will make the stairs sturdier, which will allow us to do other repairs. Our existing stairs are just simple cement cinderblocks, which are not only narrow, but not code at all. Our old set of wooden stairs are rotting away, and these days, I know which ones to skip over and avoid, not to mention, my heel has already gone through one of the planks in the landing at the bottom of the set. Perhaps if we get the stairs fixed, people won't keep giving me weird looks when I have them come and give me estimates for things (as they always go, "Is this the ONLY way down to the house?!".

Jay and Shelly made a surprise visit this afternoon, but Chase got scared and cried. I don't think he's used to them since they're not around much anymore.

No comments: