Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mommies Party

Saturday, 9 February 2008

Went to 9 am yoga this morning because Chase's nursing cut it close to the 7 am class. I'm sore and my muscles are tight, having not gone to yoga for a couple of weeks. I think this is how it's going to be from now on unless I up my frequency of practice. I had a good class though. I do need to try and go more often. It's just so hard with nursing. And, if I'm not nursing, I'm just so tired....and lazy. Surprisingly, I can still do a lot of poses. Still building that muscle memory.

I talked to Popo as we drove out to Pearl City Peninsula for a Honolulu Mommies party. My grandmother is recovering from emergency hernia surgery this week. She sounded good and is glad to be back at home. We got to the party and it was fun to meet other moms "in person" rather than just chatting online and recognizing screen names. The place was loud with all the kiddos running around and babies screaming. There was a lot of food and lots of open space and a nice playground for the kids to run around outside. Military has such nice, well maintained facilities. Caught up with moms I hadn't seen for awhile since previous playdates and talked about how the babies have grown. Also talked constipation and poop of course. No event with babies and mom can miss that topic of discussion!

We went to Toys-R-Us to get alphabet foam mats for Chase's nursery and diapers (the only place we can find size 2-3 Pampers Swaddlers diapers). The Halsalls offered to watch Chase tonight so we could go out on a date.

Chris and I went out to eat Italian food at Verbano's. It was not great. Too buttery and heavy, but the company was nice. We headed home and played with Chase before finally putting him down for the night. We didn't get home until 11 pm and I didn't fall asleep until 1 am! What a busy Saturday!

No comments: