Monday, May 26, 2008

Teaching From Home

Monday, 26 May 2008

We spent our Memorial Day being sick. How fun!

While searching Craigslist, I noticed a job ad for elementary school teachers for the Hawai'i Technology Academy. Immediately, I contacted my friend Leinora because I know she loves teaching at the Washington Virtual Academy. You can basically teach from home and still get state wages and benefits. It would be nice to find a job that I can still be passionate about but not be so damn tired that I'm yawning through the day with all the germy kiddies sneezing in my face (a couple of days ago, one of my kindergartners blew out a blood clot, and the clot was hanging all over his newly written animal book, then dropped onto the desk, and then proceeded to the chair), and still be able to spend time with Chase during the day. With my half year of sicknesses and stress, that just might be the job for me!

No comments: