Sunday, May 04, 2008

When You Just Can't Resist

Sunday, 4 May 2008

I had a great yoga workout this morning, even though my neck and shoulders are still stiff from tweaking it last week. I find that I push myself harder when I'm in the front row and the teacher is picking on me (even though we're packed like sardines and it's hot as hell). After class, did some laundry and ate breakfast (Chris' unsuccessful try at making pancakes with the spray can of organic Batter Blaster led us to eat bagels and fruit and turkey bacon instead..quite an eclectic breakfast for a Sunday morning.) We headed out to a soap-making store to buy 22 pounds of glycerin to make soap favors for Chase's birthday party. Then, we headed out to the outlet mall in Waikele. I had wanted to check out the new Steve and Barry's store. Of course, whenever a new store opens, all of Hawai'i is there.

Let's just say that in the time I went shopping for clothes at only one store, Chris and Chase walked all across the mall and hit the bookstore, Lowe's, Sports Authority, and Office Max. I just couldn't resist everything in the store being $9.98 or less. Although you had to search for small sizes, I got a pair of jeans, a few blouses, shoes, and of course, I couldn't leave without a "I heart Sex and the City" t-shirt. I also managed to hit Banana Republic and got some cute shorts and a blouse. The whole store was 30% off. I just couldn't resist. I love shopping.

We finished our shopping excursion at 5 pm and met the Halsalls at Big City Diner at 5:30 pm for Sunday dinner of burgers and fries....and of course, a Brownie Sundae. I just couldn't resist that either.

No comments: