Friday, May 02, 2008

Ten Minute Photo Shoot

Friday, 2 May 2008

This afternoon, I took Chase to take a free picture at the Kahala Kids' boutique photo studio...a freebie promotion in preparation for Mother's Day. I had brought all sorts of outfits from home, but since we didn't go home first, the outfits I had brought all of a sudden didn't look good. Plus, I didn't myself change from the days' events (I had been at a school Technology seminar all day for our Waiver Day.). After changing him into various outfits outside the store (and even getting comments from my teacher friends who passed by), I finally ended up buying him an outfit at the store (plus it was 20% off Hawaiian outfits, and the cute blue surfboard one was just calling me). Chris couldn't believe I was buying him a new outfit to take a free picture (and funny thing is he ended up paying for it too..hee hee!). But, it looked really cute on Chase, and we hardly buy him clothes. Besides, he can wear it again for his 1st birthday. The photographer told me to get in the picture, but I looked like a mess! No makeup, hair all messy, and I had been in my same clothes for the past 10 hours. Ummm, no thanks. But, he took it anyway. He commented on what a cute laugh Chase has and said we don't need still pictures; we need video! For some reason, Chase just found the flash and the photographer's "Bop!" noise hilarious. Chris picked one of the four smiley shots, since I didn't want to pick one, and off we went. We'll pick up the final print (with fancy digital grass background) on Sunday. It will be a nice pre-Mother's Day gift. My first Mother's Day...Wow!

No comments: