Thursday, October 28, 2004

And who is the winner in Bocce Ball?

Thursday, 28 October 2004

Last week, we noticed an area of the garden dug out and gravel laid down. I thought, "Ooh, Bocce ball," and today for clubs, I noticed they started a bocce ball club, led by the computer teacher Khru Lek. The balls all had different stripes on them. There were about fifteen boys wathcing as two others played. I asked him how many points they play up to, and he said 13, for teams, 11. I told him I like to play this game in America. He told all the boys that it was the farang's turn. I played against him first (funny, as it's supposed to be a student club, and here they were all watching two teachers play). As I would score points, the boys would laugh and tease their teacher. I ended up beating him that game. Then we played teams. Me and another teacher vs. Khru Lek and a student. The students were egging him on. 5 to 1....7 to 1....We ended up winning that game too, 11 to 1. We played the whole club period and watched some games as well. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: