Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Leaving Hawai'i

Wednesday, 20 October 2004

Early tomorrow morning, I will leave to head back to Bangkok. It has been nice to spend time with my dad, my brother, other relatives and catch up with friends. It's great to know that I can just come home and jump right into things like I never left (even though I haven't truly lived here in 11 years!). Whether it's having a couple cocktails (yummy mango lava flows, which one too many of course led to my usual fainting spell) at the Mai Tai Bar with old friends, Suzette and Nina, from elementary school and high school, or eating Hawaiian food and hanging out at Starbuck's with Melissa and Joel, there's comfort in knowing I have good friends and family here. I was happy I could be here for Miya on her special wedding day (and after 6 years, it was a long time coming!).

It will be sad to leave, but I am especially glad I came back to spend time with my dad. And, I'll be back soon again to be in my cousin's wedding Thanksgiving weekend. No matter where I am, my heart is always in Hawai'i, and Hawai'i will always be home.

No comments: