Sunday, October 17, 2004

Miya's wedding

Sunday, 17 October 2004

On Friday, Miya, her bridesmaids Linh and Jenn, and I went to get manicures and pedicures. Saturday night, we headed over for the rehearsal at Aquaveil Chapel at Ko Olina, a nice resort on O'ahu. Then, we went back into town to have dinner at a chinese restaurant, and after that, drove back out so the girls could stay overnight in luxury at the Ihilani, a very nice hotel at Ko Olina. Today, we lounged around, and I nursed my migraine with advil after advil. I finished making and gluing the bows for the centerpieces. Then the hairstylist, photographer, and make-up artist came to do their thing with the girls, and I headed out to decorate the chapel, pass out leis to family members, and help with organizing people into the chapel. The ceremony was beautiful, as the sun was setting, Miya's friend Dawn and her brother Eric sang beautifully, the string quartet played music, and Miya's little nephew Nick clung to his daddy's leg as he walked down the aisle with the rings.

I helped at the reception table as well and all 75 guests were well-fed with local style appetizers, an entree of your choice, and delicious desserts (yes, Stace, I thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate souffle and even brought one home to enjoy!), compliments of Roy's, a popular fine dining restaurant. There was a short program, gifts were given to guests, and then we cleaned up and went back to the hotel room to clean up, get our things, and help Eric and Jenn make the room extra special and romantic for the newlyweds.

I was so glad I got to be here to help Miya and Junji celebrate their big day.

No comments: