Thursday, October 14, 2004

Just Cruisin' Along

Thursday, 14 October 2004

Went to Ala Moana Shopping Center today to buy Miya's wedding gift and then met her to buy her fiance's wedding band at Tiffany's. Walking around, I noticed how "mainland" the shopping center has become with even more fancy stores than before. I window shopped a bit then headed to the beach park and McCoy Pavilion across the street to pick up my dad.

Dad took me on his Harley for a ride tonight. We rode around the neighborhood, towards Waikiki and Diamond Head, and then headed on Kalaniana'ole Highway for the Hawai'i Kai fire station, where J works. We stopped by to say hi, meet a few of the guys he works with, and then headed back towards home. My 'okole was sore when we got back, but it was fun to ride and feel the cool air breezing by.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Wow! Your dad has a Harley! How cool. I love the sound of a Harley 'lick' as it fades into a hot summer night. or in your case... a hot Hawaiian night. I remember Ala Moana mall from our last trip in '95. It has undoubtably changed a great deal since then.
Teresa