Monday, March 28, 2005

Apparently it's the Dry Season

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

You could've fooled me, but apparently it is the dry season here in Thailand. It's blazing hot, and the humidity is still as strong as ever, causing me to sweat profusely, and I feel like I have to take a shower four times a day...Thank goodness for air conditioned rooms! My left eye has been itchy and bothering me with some lovely discharge (as if you wanted to know) and redness for over 7 days now. I figured it might be because this is the hot season, and I'm constantly wiping the sweat off my brow and rubbing my eyes. I hoped it would go away, but it hasn't, and has been really itchy. But, I convinced myself it wasn't allergies, because I am definitely a seasonal allergy sufferer, and kept laughing at all those back in Seattle who got an early spring and early cases of allergies this year.

Went to an eye doctor the other day, and apparently, it is due to allergies, and my eye is really dry. But why only one eye I ask? I'm sure it's NOT due to allergies, but some infection from some godforesaken tropical creature that loves the heat and my eye! Nope, the doctor says. Allergies. How can my eye be dry? My skin is not dry! I know what dry weather feels like, and it definitely does not involve drippy, sweaty skin all day! Hmmmm.....well, I guess I'll use the two different eye drops the doc prescribed for me and see what happens.

Oh, and by the way, I opened up the directions in one of the eyedrop boxes (which are all in Thai of course) and the only English in the beautiful script I can read says "Herpes Simplex"...And, I'm putting this in my eye for what?!?

No comments: