Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Last Day of School

Tuesday, 15 March 2005

Today was the last day of school. We practiced our "Three Billy Goats Gruff" skit songs (but we never had time to perform it!), had a suprise field trip to get ice cream, played games outside, then gave them a book of letters from their four teachers they have had this year, with pictures, and an autograph signing page. Then, we gave our gifts to the students. I cried as I gave them theirs (pencil keychains with their names on them) and could see the tears in their eyes as I told them how I'd miss them. Then, after I finished, I notice my poor Phu crying, and he put his head down, then paced around the room with tears in his eyes. It was the sweetest thing. They all gave me a big group hug. The last day of school always goes by quickly, and this day was especially quick. Two students' parents asked me to tutor their children during the summer, so I will be working regular hours all day like I have been with the summer school (in the mornings, I will teach English conversation to Thai students) starting soon too. Three more weeks of work I can handle...Then I'll be off traveling anyway, so that works for me! Still doesn't seem like summer to me anyway as it is only March!

No comments: