Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Stay in Bangkok

Thursday, 17 February 2005

I rode the bus into Bangkok after school and got in at about 6 pm. Met Ajarn Banchong, the Director of the English Program at Bangkok Christian College, as he let me and my friends stay there the night in an apartment. He and his wife showed me around and left the fridge stocked with bottled water. Mel met me at 7 pm. She looked just the same and as tall as ever! She is in town for a week working for the Canadian Embassy. We walked to a nearby restaurant and visited over dinner, reminiscing about our travels to Cambodia (Eric and I travelled with Mel and her boyfriend, a Canadian couple we met in the airport, when we visited Angkor Wat a year ago.), teaching, living abroad, and traveling.

At about 11 pm, I hopped on the subway and caught a taxi to the airport to meet my friends coming in from Seattle! Yeah, the start of an adventure vacation!

No comments: