Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Something To Ponder

Tuesday, 1 November 2005

As we begin a new month (and I come closer and closer to the end of my 20's), my father came across a quote that a woman with ALS posted on their ALS chat room. He had me write it down for him, and I thought I'd share it. As my dad's arms and legs get weaker each week, we are all getting used to the routine of lifting and transferring him. I've found a technique that works for me, and doesn't strain my back, (but I have little bruises on my thighs from squeezing my dad's knees together)...And my life, though seemingly routine and mundane to some, has so much more purpose now that my priority is family. Things that used to matter to me, don't matter so much anymore. And the things and people that DO matter in my life, I am ever so grateful for. Living life to its fullest (and knowing what makes it full) has never been so important to me now. So, my father and I share with you this quote (author unknown)...

"Yesterday is already a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision.
But today, well-lived,
makes every yesterday
a dream of happiness,
and every tomorrow
a vision of hope."

Never forget what's important in life, and remember to cherish the moments and tell those people that you care.

No comments: