Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

Saturday, 31 December 2005

Mike took me and Michael (cousin Steph had to stay home and rest due to a fever and baby Jake stayed at Grandma's) surfing at Barber's Point. I was photographer on the beach while the guys went surfing and Michael had his first dip in the Pacific Ocean. Then, Mike took me tandem surfing and we caught a few waves together before he sent me off on my own. I surfed all the way in on my knees before we called it a day.

We got home by dinner time, ate leftovers, then picked up some pupus to share with my cousins and aunt and uncle. We hung out until my cousin Geoff and his high school friends started popping fireworks, and cousin Daryl brought out the illegal aerials. We watched and listened as jumping jacks and colorful lights sparkled in the evening sky. The evening ended at midnight with us gathering on our lanai (the best view in the city!) to watch the aerials below in the valley and over Waikiki. At least there was a good breeze tonight to keep the smoke from hovering over the houses. Made a few Happy New Year calls to friends and family. Happy 2006!

No comments: